From: wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu (St. Suika Fenderson Roberts)
Cc: (St. Suika Fenderson Roberts), ding@ifi.uio.no
Subject: Re: couple of feature requests, a question
Date: 08 Apr 1996 11:30:54 -0500	[thread overview]

>>>>> "GS" == Greg Stark <gsstark@MIT.EDU> writes:

GS> wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu (St. Suika Fenderson Roberts)
GS> writes:
[me being silly snipped]
GS> gnus-single-article-buffer's value is t

Why does this default to true?  I know that I tend to only have two
summary buffers when I am running under X, and have multiple frames.

>> (vm has a lisp-only POP program, I could post if you are
>> interested)

GS> What POP support are you missing?

password.  I know that I could probably write a shell/perl script to
pop my mail, but I would prefer not to. (just thought of this fix now,
so I'm not sure about all of the problems with it)

>> third, a question: what are the "#'"s for in mail-header.el for?
>> They break compilation under 19.29, but 19.30 doesn't complain, so
>> I was wondering.

GS> from the Info file:

I know that.  I was just wondering what they are for.  Gnus works
quite reliably for me on 19.29 after a bit of hacking (strip the
'raw s (enabling compressed mail folders), add in the definition for
insert-file-contents-literally, and strip the # signs from the #' s in
the mail-header file)

>> Fourth, stripping out all four of the "'raw"s from the source
>> allows the use of jka-compr on folders, etc.  I was wondering what
>> kind of broken MUA/MTA forces a folder ending of .cc?  And if some
>> of the "'raw"s couldn't be removed from the source?

GS> .cc ?

Lars posted something about the 'raw s being in there to deal with the
fact that emacs dumps one into cc mode if the folder name ends in .cc .
unless some other MTA/MUA needs the folder to end in .cc it seems the
most reasonable fix is `don't end your folder names in .cc' rather
than breaking compression support.

thank you,
	Suika
--
                   wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
The computer is not mightier than a cup of coffee, or other liquid, or a young