From: "St. Suika Roberts" <wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>
Cc: ding@ifi.uio.no
Subject: Re: Outstanding bugs?
Date: 04 Jun 1996 15:18:51 -0500	[thread overview]

LMI> If you're seeing any bugs that you haven't reported -- please do
LMI> so now.  Even if it's just a teensy-weensy little thing that you
LMI> imagine everybody has seen and decided to live with, report it
LMI> anyway.

Why does nnfolder frob the folders twice?  I would think that since
the first pass through the folders is to get things like the number of
articles in the group that that information could be stored in the
active file, as long as only gnus touches the folders.  Doing that
would almost halve my startup time.
(Or to put it another way, why read the file, parse it, write it out,
and then open it again to add the new mail to?)

Thank you,
	Suika (who really likes gnus, even if it does take 15 minutes
	to start :/ )(much of which is frobing my very large mail
	folders, and most of the rest is splitting mail and writing
	out my folders again.)
--
	wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu