* Archive problems
@ 1996-09-25 18:59 St. Suika Roberts
From: St. Suika Roberts @ 1996-09-25 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

A while back I attempted to swich archive groups, and so I changed the
name in gnus-message-archive-group, and then found that my
archive groups weren't working properly(they would only display the
first article in the group), and checking archive/active
found it was really scrambled. (see after sig)  Has anyone else had
problems like this?  Any known fixes/ideas/whatever?  I've tried a
number of `fixes' ranging rewriting the active file by hand to
re-setting the server to the old name, and, most recently, editing the
.newsrc.eld to remove the old definitions and letting gnus re-write
them from the .gnus and archive/active definitions.  I got a proper
number of articles in the *Group* buffer, but, once again, only the
first article in the folder.

Thanks for any help,
		Suika	(who really hopes the sysadmin will upgrade emacs)
--
		wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
"The dew fell with a particularly sickening thud this morning."

------------------------------ cut here ------------------------------

misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-news 4 1 y
misc-news 4 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 78 1 y
misc-news 8 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 1 1 y
misc-mail 0 1 y
(variables that seemed lick they might be of interest)
(setq gnus-message-archive-method
      '(nnfolder "archive"
        ;        (nnfolder-get-new-mail t)
                 (nnfolder-directory "~/Mail/archive/"))
      gnus-message-archive-group
      '((if (message-news-p)
            "misc-news"
          "misc-mail"))
;         (concat "mail." (format-time-string "%Y-%m" (current-time)))))

)

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-09-25 18:59 UTC | newest]