* rgnus-0.46 and custom.el
@ 1996-10-02 21:25 Brent B. Powers
From: Brent B. Powers @ 1996-10-02 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Upgrading from rgnus-0.32 to 46....

0.46 no longe read my .custom.el file, and customize no longer works
at all (In fact, the only customization field was "GNUS the all
singing et cetera".  Anyone else have similar problems?

Cheers

* Re: rgnus-0.46 and custom.el
@ 1996-10-03 17:03 ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1996-10-03 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Brent B. Powers" <powers@ml.com> writes:

> 0.46 no longe read my .custom.el file, and customize no longer works
> at all

The customization support has been rewritten and redesigned.  You can
insert

	(load-file "~/.custom.el")

in your `.gnus' to load you old customizations.

> (In fact, the only customization field was "GNUS the all
> singing et cetera".

If you click mouse-2 (or push RET) on the `*' in the beginning of the
line, three more options should be revealed.  You can click on the
`**' preceding each of those to see more options.  Not all the old
customization options have been reimplemented yet, though.

BTW: ``the all singing'' stuff is a bit lame.  Perhaps it should be
changed to ``Peoples Democratic Newsreader'' in Red Gnus.  We must
then find another desciption for Kiwi Gnus.

* Re: rgnus-0.46 and custom.el
@ 1996-10-04 15:18   ` Lance A. Brown
From: Lance A. Brown @ 1996-10-04 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

I like the new customization support.  It is a bit slow when
generating the displays for "large" variables but I like it anyway.

When I click on the save button all that happens is that

(custom-set-variables)
(custom-set-faces)

is added to the end of my .emacs file.  Reading the code indicates
that much customizations should have been output at the same time....

--[Lance]

* Re: rgnus-0.46 and custom.el
@ 1996-10-04 16:33     ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1996-10-04 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Lance A. Brown" <labrown@splat.niehs.nih.gov> writes:

> I like the new customization support.  It is a bit slow when
> generating the displays for "large" variables but I like it anyway.

Thanks.

> When I click on the save button all that happens is that
>
> (custom-set-variables)
> (custom-set-faces)
>
> is added to the end of my .emacs file.  Reading the code indicates
> that much customizations should have been output at the same time....

Did you activate `Set Default'?  That button will take all
customization items that are marked as modified ([*]), apply them
(make their setting current), and mark them for saving ([!]).

If you press `Apply' first, they will be marked as applied ([+]), and
pressing `Apply' or `Set Default' will have no effect.

* Re: rgnus-0.46 and custom.el
@ 1996-10-19  3:32   ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-10-19  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brent> (In fact, the only customization field was "GNUS the all
Brent> singing et cetera".

Per> If you click mouse-2 (or push RET) on the `*' in the beginning of the
Per> line, three more options should be revealed.  You can click on the
Per> `**' preceding each of those to see more options.  Not all the old
Per> customization options have been reimplemented yet, though.

That is *really* obscure.

(Going through the pain and anguish of updating my environment).
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.

* Re: rgnus-0.46 and custom.el
@ 1996-10-20 21:06     ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1996-10-20 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> That is *really* obscure.

Yes, I'll add a [show] button for hidden customization groups.