* Re:  Cannot display face symbols
@ 1997-01-30 18:52 St. Suika Fenderson Roberts
From: St. Suika Fenderson Roberts @ 1997-01-30 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rich Pieri writes:
> So, I am trying to tweak some face properties in my Summary buffers
> (because they are not coming up bold on Win32 for some reason I have yet
> to fathom), and I run into a really annoying problem:

Well, there is the possibility that the font you are using doesn't have
a bold setting (I know that 6x9 and 6x10 don't, and since those are the
ones that I use, that is a bit of a problem.  Is there any way to just
specify that all faces that should have a certain property should
substitute a different one?  I've managed to get the bold face to
display as white, but I would prefer not to have a huge string of
`modify-face' calls, one for each face, in my .gnus)

> ARGH!  How am I supposed to tweak gnus-summary-high-ticked-face when I
> cannot see what value it is?

very carefully . . .

> If anyone says "use custom" I am going to shoot that someone.

I understand far too well.  Oh well.

mayhap this will help,
	Suika.	(who reset the term to funny charactes, and thus is
	typing blind.  There is supposed to be a key-seq. fo fix it. . )
--
Who's the little old man?
	He belongs to Paul.

* Re: Cannot display face symbols
@ 1997-01-30 20:13 ` Rich Pieri
From: Rich Pieri @ 1997-01-30 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rich Pieri <rich.pieri@prescienttech.com> | If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke,
Prescient Technologies, Inc.              | get away immediately. Seek shelter

* Re: Cannot display face symbols
@ 1997-01-31  5:27 ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1997-01-31  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

"St. Suika Fenderson Roberts" <wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> writes:

> Is there any way to just specify that all faces that should have a
> certain property should substitute a different one?

I don't know, but redefining `set-face-bold' may get you some of the
way.

* Re: Cannot display face symbols
@ 1997-01-31 15:01   ` Rich Pieri
From: Rich Pieri @ 1997-01-31 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rich Pieri <rich.pieri@prescienttech.com> | Warning: pregnant women, the
Prescient Technologies, Inc.              | elderly, and children under 10

* Re: Cannot display face symbols
@ 1997-01-31 15:16     ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1997-01-31 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rich Pieri <rich.pieri@PrescientTech.com> writes:

> Only in XEmacs; this function does not exist in GNU Emacs 19.34.

I _meant_ to write `make-face-bold'.

* Re: Cannot display face symbols
@ 1997-01-30 20:25       ` Rich Pieri
From: Rich Pieri @ 1997-01-30 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

--

@ 1997-01-30 19:34     ` William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 1997-01-30 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

--
Rich Pieri <rich.pieri@prescienttech.com> | When not in use, Happy Fun Ball
Prescient Technologies, Inc.              | should be returned to its special

* Re: Cannot display face symbols
@ 1997-01-30 17:36 ` Sudish Joseph
From: Sudish Joseph @ 1997-01-30 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rich Pieri writes:
> I CANNOT DISPLAY ANY OF THE FACE SYMBOLS OR THEIR VALUES!

> ARGH!  How am I supposed to tweak gnus-summary-high-ticked-face when I
> cannot see what value it is?

I doubt that's a symbol, probably just a face-name.  If so, you can
dissect it using the various face-foo functions.  For e.g., (face-font
'gnus-summary-high-ticked-face) should give you the font in use, etc.
For more information, consult the fine lisp manual.

Now, can we stop shouting?
-Sudish

* Cannot display face symbols
@ 1997-01-30 16:46 Rich Pieri