* Saving of normal news articles using a mail backend
@ 1996-04-12 13:41 Kees de Bruin
From: Kees de Bruin @ 1996-04-12 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I'm currently using nnfolder to read my mail, but I also have a large
collection of saved news articles. I can use `G f' to incorporate these
archives, but for new news articles, I can't figure out how to store these
in an nnfolder (besides a direct store as Unix mbox file).

Can it harm my folders if I directly save to these folders (in mbox format
of course), or should I think of something else.

Kind regards,

Kees de Bruin

--
 _
| | __   .-. .-.    Kees de Bruin                  Tasking Software BV
| |/ /  _| | | |_
|   (  / _ | | _ \                                   +31-33-4 55 85 84
|_|\_\ \___| |___/  bruin@tasking.nl            fax: +31-33-4 55 00 33

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely
rearranging their prejudices                             William James

* Re: Saving of normal news articles using a mail backend
@ 1996-04-12 18:33 ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1996-04-12 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

KdB> I'm currently using nnfolder to read my mail, but I also have a large
KdB> collection of saved news articles. I can use `G f' to incorporate these
KdB> archives, but for new news articles, I can't figure out how to store these
KdB> in an nnfolder (besides a direct store as Unix mbox file).

Don't use 'o' (gnus-summary-save-article), use the article movement
commands under 'B.'  In particular, you want 'B c'
(gnus-summary-copy-article) this will copy from one newsgroup to another
using the appropriate functions for adding articles to your nnfolder.

--
Jack Vinson                   jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu
"Narf!" - Pinky               <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/home.html>

* Re: Saving of normal news articles using a mail backend
@ 1996-04-12 20:07 ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1996-04-12 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Use `B c' to save news articles in mail folders.