* mml-attach-file and mml-attach-files-in-directory
@ 2006-10-10 14:54 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2006-10-10 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

Vm, at least when using the addons by Robert Fenk, has a nice function
called
vm-mime-attach-files-in-directory, which attaches files in a directory
by asking for each file.

It seem that such a function does not exit in gnus? Would it be
difficult to implement such a functionality.

Thanks and regards

Uwe Brauer

* Re: mml-attach-file and mml-attach-files-in-directory
@ 2006-10-10 15:51 ` Andreas Seltenreich
From: Andreas Seltenreich @ 2006-10-10 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Uwe Brauer writes:

> Vm, at least when using the addons by Robert Fenk, has a nice
> function called vm-mime-attach-files-in-directory, which attaches
> files in a directory by asking for each file.
>
> It seem that such a function does not exit in gnus?

Gnus offers a minor mode for Dired to do this job:

,----[ (info "(gnus)Other modes") ]

`----

> Would it be difficult to implement such a functionality.

I think it would be rather easy to implement, but I'm afraid it won't
ever be as flexible or elegant as the dired integration is.

regards,
andreas

* Re: mml-attach-file and mml-attach-files-in-directory
@ 2006-10-10 16:04   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2006-10-10 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

    > ,----[ (info "(gnus)Other modes") ]
    > | `gnus-dired-minor-mode' provided some useful functions for dired
    > | buffers.  It is enabled with
    > |      (add-hook 'dired-mode-hook 'turn-on-gnus-dired-mode)
    > |
    > | `C-c C-m C-a'
    > |      Send dired's marked files as an attachment (`gnus-dired-attach').
    > |      You will be prompted for a message buffer.
    > `----
This is great, precisely what I was looking for! Thanks very much. It
did not occur to me to look for dired as a keyword.

Thanks

Uwe