* Customize: gnus-thread-sort-functions
@ 2004-02-24 15:20 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-02-24 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I noticed that gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number (and *-date) is
(are) missing from the value menu that Customize provides.

Also, ISTR that you can put (not
gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number) as an element to reverse the
sort order (putting the most recent one last instead of first).  It
seems that the Customize interface does not provide a way to do this.

Kai

* Re: Customize: gnus-thread-sort-functions
@ 2004-03-03 10:17 ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 2004-03-03 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:

> I noticed that gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number (and *-date) is
> (are) missing from the value menu that Customize provides.

I added those.

> Also, ISTR that you can put (not
> gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number) as an element to reverse the
> sort order (putting the most recent one last instead of first).

Not according to the doc string.  Features that are not documented do
not exists, in my opinion.

> It seems that the Customize interface does not provide a way to do
> this.

The Customize interface implements the spec in the doc string.

* Re: Customize: gnus-thread-sort-functions
@ 2004-03-03 15:27   ` David S Goldberg
From: David S Goldberg @ 2004-03-03 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Also, ISTR that you can put (not
>> gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number) as an element to reverse the
>> sort order (putting the most recent one last instead of first).

> Not according to the doc string.  Features that are not documented do
> not exists, in my opinion.

So if it turns out to work (I haven't tested it yet, but it sounds
interesting enough to try) can I submit a bug report on the
documentation and have the feature brought into existence?  Boy I wish
it were all that easy :-)

--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net

* Re: Customize: gnus-thread-sort-functions
@ 2004-03-03 15:38     ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2004-03-03 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

David S Goldberg <david.goldberg6@verizon.net> writes:

>>> Also, ISTR that you can put (not
>>> gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number) as an element to reverse the
>>> sort order (putting the most recent one last instead of first).
>
>> Not according to the doc string.  Features that are not documented do
>> not exists, in my opinion.
>
> So if it turns out to work (I haven't tested it yet, but it sounds
> interesting enough to try) can I submit a bug report on the
> documentation and have the feature brought into existence?  Boy I wish
> it were all that easy :-)

I'm sure it does. It is in the manual after all.

--
Johan Bockgård

* Re: Customize: gnus-thread-sort-functions
@ 2004-03-05  6:44   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-03-05  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Per Abrahamsen <abraham@dina.kvl.dk> writes:

> Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:
>
>> Also, ISTR that you can put (not
>> gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number) as an element to reverse the
>> sort order (putting the most recent one last instead of first).
>
> Not according to the doc string.  Features that are not documented do
> not exists, in my opinion.

I've now amended the docstring.  Would you like to amend the custom
type spec?

@ 2004-03-05  9:33     ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 2004-03-05  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> writes:

> I've now amended the docstring.  Would you like to amend the custom
> type spec?

I have done so now.  Please check that it works.