* nndraft:drafts misbehaving
@ 2001-10-08 19:25 Arcady Genkin
From: Arcady Genkin @ 2001-10-08 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gnus-bugs

I've deleted a whole bunch of stale messages from the `drafts' group
using "B Del".  Now nndraft:drafts group is not working properly.  If
I check it with "M-g", it reports 58 new articles.  However, I cannot
enter it.  Whichever way I try to enter it ("Enter", "C-u Enter", "1
Enter"), the number of unread messages is reset to 0, and Gnus would
skip going into it (just like it would do with an empty group).

I tried saving some messages into the group ("C-c C-d" on a message),
but this has not changed anything.

I also tried killing it with "C-k" from the Group buffer, but when I
restarted Gnus, the problem persists.

Any ideas?  I'm using Gnus 5.8.8 with Xemacs 21.4.3.
Many thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin

* Re: nndraft:drafts misbehaving
@ 2001-10-09  8:23 ` Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2001-10-09  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gnus-bugs

Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com> wrote:

> I've deleted a whole bunch of stale messages from the `drafts' group
> using "B Del".  Now nndraft:drafts group is not working properly.  If
> I check it with "M-g", it reports 58 new articles.  However, I cannot
> enter it.  Whichever way I try to enter it ("Enter", "C-u Enter", "1
> Enter"), the number of unread messages is reset to 0, and Gnus would
> skip going into it (just like it would do with an empty group).
>
> I tried saving some messages into the group ("C-c C-d" on a message),
> but this has not changed anything.
>
> I also tried killing it with "C-k" from the Group buffer, but when I
> restarted Gnus, the problem persists.
>
> Any ideas?  I'm using Gnus 5.8.8 with Xemacs 21.4.3.

You've got to get rid of the entry for your draft groups in the active file by
hand.

--
Didier Verna, didier@lrde.epita.fr, http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier

EPITA / LRDE, 14-16 rue Voltaire   Tel.+33 (1) 53 14 59 47
94276 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, France   Fax.+33 (1) 44 08 01 99   didier@xemacs.org

* Re: nndraft:drafts misbehaving
@ 2001-10-09 12:31 ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 2001-10-09 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I had that problem, deleting the entry for the draft group from
News/cache/active solved it.