* HELP PLEASE ! How to fetch mails from HOTMAIL.COM with GNUS/webmail & W3 ?
@ 2001-12-11 12:43 Michael Huehne
From: Michael Huehne @ 2001-12-11 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Michael Huehne

Hello Gnus Team and Users,

EXCUSES:----------------------

Please excuse me, when I am sending this mail to the wrong group.
I am uncertain if webmail.el's Hotmail reading capabilities are broken,
or I am to stupid to configure it correctly.

THANKS:-------------------------

Since many years I am using Gnus as the best portable mail and new client
I can imagine.
Reading MS-Exchange Mails would be paramount ... :-)

THE PROBLEM:---------------------

However, I am suffering from a serious problem. Microsoft's Hotmail design
team tends to change their layout once in a while. After the last change a
couple of months ago Gnus-5.8.8 and w3-4.0pre.46 with one-line-cookie patch
applied stopped working for me. Before, it worked like a charm, now hotmail
is running full and over 100 mails waiting to be uploaded.

I was hoping that w3-4.0pre.47 and the latest Oort-Gnus-v0.04 CVS snap shop
from yesterday might cure my pain. But no improvement, the same message as
before occured.

In worse case: Any other way / tip (even tricky) to do one final mail merge
between GNUS and HOTMAIL would be appreciated. How can point me to a
possible solution ?

GNUS ERROR MESSAGE:------------------------

Mail source error ((error hotmail HTML has changed or your w3 package is
too old.(list@0))).

GNUS.EL CODE SNIPLET:-----------------

(when (string-match "localhost"
                     (system-name))
   (message "Open WEBMAIL Mailboxes at WWW.HOTMAIL.COM with w3.el")
   (require (quote webmail))
   (setq webmail-error-function (quote webmail-debug) ; nil or (quote
webmail-debug)
         webmail-debug-file (expand-file-name "~/.xemacs-webmail-debug")
         webmail-newmail-only nil ; "Not only fetching new mails."
         webmail-move-to-trash-can t ; "Move mail to trash can after
fetching it."
         url-cookie-multiple-line nil; "One-line-cookie patch for
w3/url-coolie.el applied."
         )

   (add-to-list 'micha-remote-mail-sources
                '(webmail  :subtype 'hotmail
                           :user "account"
                           :password "p@ssword"
                           :dontexpunge t
                          ))
)

Mac PPC/G4 with Xemacs-21.4.4, using X11R6 interface on MacOsX 10.1.1

--
Cheers,
   Michael