* gnus-post-method 'current
@ 1999-03-02  4:09 Andrew J Cosgriff
From: Andrew J Cosgriff @ 1999-03-02  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I've set gnus-post-method to 'current, how do I post a *new*
article to a foreign server ?

--
Andrew J Cosgriff <ajc@bing.wattle.id.au> exterminate all rational thought !
                        driftwood scheme twins why black

* Re: gnus-post-method 'current
@ 1999-03-02  5:16 ` Justin Sheehy
From: Justin Sheehy @ 1999-03-02  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andrew J Cosgriff <ajc@bing.wattle.id.au> writes:

> If I've set gnus-post-method to 'current, how do I post a *new*
> article to a foreign server ?

What happens when you either enter a group on that foreign server and
then press `a' in the *Summary* buffer or you just position point over
a group on that foreign server in the *Group* buffer and press `C-u a'?

Does the article not get sent to the right server in these cases?

--
Justin Sheehy

In a cloud bones of steel.

* Re: gnus-post-method 'current
@ 1999-03-02 21:03   ` Andrew J Cosgriff
From: Andrew J Cosgriff @ 1999-03-02 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Justin> Andrew J Cosgriff <ajc@bing.wattle.id.au> writes:
>> If I've set gnus-post-method to 'current, how do I post a *new*
>> article to a foreign server ?

Justin> What happens when you either enter a group on that foreign server and
Justin> then press `a' in the *Summary* buffer or you just position point over
Justin> a group on that foreign server in the *Group* buffer and press
Justin> `C-u a'?

Ah. C-u a was what I wanted - something I can do in the Group buffer,
without having to enter a different group just to post an article...

Groovy !

Thanks,
 Andrew
--