* citing colours
@ 1996-10-31  1:27 Andrew J Cosgriff
From: Andrew J Cosgriff @ 1996-10-31  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Have the citing colours changed recently ?  I can change them myself,
i guess, but i'm just wondering...has anyone else been having problems
?

(i checked, and gnus-background-mode is still nil)

Try this on for size :

Enjoy,
 Andrew.
--
 - Andrew J. Cosgriff - Network Software Dude, Monash (Clayton) - PGP/MIME Ok -
 ajc@bing.wattle.id.au  http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~ajc  +61 3 9905 1165

[-- Attachment #2: pic.gif --]
[-- Type: image/gif, Size: 24741 bytes --]

* Re: citing colours
@ 1996-10-31  3:14 ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-10-31  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

ajc> Have the citing colours changed recently ?  I can change them myself,
ajc> i guess, but i'm just wondering...has anyone else been having problems
ajc> ?

The citation colors changed after Red Gnus v0.47.  The defaults don't
work perfectly against my grey background either.  We've covered the
matter of default colors before, and it is impossible to please
everyone.  So, change them and be done with it.

ajc> (i checked, and gnus-background-mode is still nil)

That variable has gone away, and the only reasonable way to perform
citation color customization now is with customize.

ajc> Try this on for size :

Cool. :-)
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.

* Re: citing colours
@ 1996-10-31  3:52 ` Andrew J Cosgriff
From: Andrew J Cosgriff @ 1996-10-31  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

"ajc" == Andrew J Cosgriff <ajc@mogul3.cc.monash.edu.au> writes:

ajc> Have the citing colours changed recently ?  I can change them
ajc> myself, i guess, but i'm just wondering...has anyone else been
ajc> having problems ?

ajc> (i checked, and gnus-background-mode is still nil)

Sorry, I meant dark, not nil.

Oops.

--
 - Andrew J. Cosgriff - Network Software Dude, Monash (Clayton) - PGP/MIME Ok -
 ajc@bing.wattle.id.au  http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~ajc  +61 3 9905 1165
    "I wrote a poem on a dog biscuit, but your dog refused to look at it."
                         (Galaxie 500, Fourth of July)

* Re: citing colours
@ 1996-10-31  4:05   ` Andrew J Cosgriff
From: Andrew J Cosgriff @ 1996-10-31  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

"sl" == Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

ajc> Have the citing colours changed recently ?  I can change them
ajc> myself, i guess, but i'm just wondering...has anyone else been
ajc> having problems ?

sl> The citation colors changed after Red Gnus v0.47.  The defaults
sl> don't work perfectly against my grey background either.  We've
sl> covered the matter of default colors before, and it is impossible
sl> to please everyone.  So, change them and be done with it.

ajc> (i checked, and gnus-background-mode is still nil)

(actually i meant "dark", but anyway...)

sl> That variable has gone away, and the only reasonable way to
sl> perform citation color customization now is with customize.

Ah.  That'll learn me for not having paid more attention to the
ChangeLog.  Thanks :)

ajc> Try this on for size :

sl> Cool. :-)

Well, nearly.  It'll be cooler when i can read the cited bits ! :)

Enjoy,
 Andrew.
--
 - Andrew J. Cosgriff - Network Software Dude, Monash (Clayton) - PGP/MIME Ok -
 ajc@bing.wattle.id.au  http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~ajc  +61 3 9905 1165
             "I don't care if I'm a lemming, I'm still not going."

* Re: citing colours
@ 1996-10-31 18:09   ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1996-10-31 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

ajc> (i checked, and gnus-background-mode is still nil)

SLB> That variable has gone away, and the only reasonable way to perform
SLB> citation color customization now is with customize.

`custom-background-mode' can be used instead of
`gnus-background-mode'.

You can define the citation faces using any method you like, the
custom package will not redefine them if they are already defined.
With XEmacs, you can use `edit-faces' if that is more comfortable.