* latest doesn't update display during startup
@ 2001-02-28 12:15 Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2001-02-28 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using:

- "/anonymous@ftp.gnus.org:/pub/gnus/snapshots/gnus-CURRENT-20010228.tar.gz",

- Oort Gnus v0.01

- GNU Emacs 21.0.98.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit) of 2001-02-15 on
  g.wolfram.com

Gnus prompted me for my pop password as usual, then the prompt stayed
visible - gnus didn't update the minibuffer or main buffer until mail
and news fetching was complete.  Usually the number of pop messages is
displayed (something like "Retrieving 14 of 354 messages"), then all
the splitting info flashes by.

This problem didn't happen with yesterday's snapshot - it updated the
display as usual.

Cheers -

bw
--
Bill White . billw@wolfram.com . http://members.wri.com/billw
"No ma'am, we're musicians."

* Re: latest doesn't update display during startup
@ 2001-02-28 13:42 ` Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2001-02-28 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed Feb 28 2001 at 06:15, Bill White <billw> said:

    bw> Using:
    bw> - "/anonymous@ftp.gnus.org:/pub/gnus/snapshots/gnus-CURRENT-20010228.tar.gz",

    bw> - Oort Gnus v0.01

    bw> - GNU Emacs 21.0.98.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit) of
    bw> 2001-02-15 on g.wolfram.com

    bw> Gnus prompted me for my pop password as usual, then the prompt
    bw> stayed visible - gnus didn't update the minibuffer or main
    bw> buffer until mail and news fetching was complete.  Usually the
    bw> number of pop messages is displayed (something like
    bw> "Retrieving 14 of 354 messages"), then all the splitting info
    bw> flashes by.

<sigh> just restarted emacs and gnus, and it didn't happen.  Maybe it
was a sawfish screen update thing after flipping between workspaces.

Cheers -

bw