@ 1999-12-07 20:09 Bill White
From: Bill White @ 1999-12-07 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Looks like it might be worthwhile to be able to use Gnus to read stuff
at <url:http://www.mailing-list.com>, such as the teTeX list at
<url:http://www.mail-archive.com/tetex%40informatik.uni-hannover.de/>.

Here's some info from Ed Cashin on the bbdb mailing list:

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4186 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 384 bytes --]

Hi all.  Often, we see requests for or pines about the absence of an
up-to-date archive of this bbdb-info list.  I just saw a thread on the
teTeX mailing list that is interesting.

Thomas Esser, the guy who makes tetex, and owner of the list, signed
up with www.mail-archive.com, and they archive the list for him.
Could work for the bbdb list, maybe.

(forwarded message attached:)

[-- Attachment #2.1.2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2343 bytes --]

From: Thomas Esser <te@informatik.uni-hannover.de>
To: mw@wierdlmpc.msci.memphis.edu
Cc: tetex-announce@informatik.uni-hannover.de, tetex-pretest@informatik.uni-hannover.de, tetex@informatik.uni-hannover.de
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 10:02:42 +0100 (MET)

Mate Wierdl <mw@wierdlmpc.msci.memphis.edu> wrote:
> There is free archiving of any mailinglist at
> http://www.mail-archive.com.   It is very simple to use: subscribe
> archive@jab.org to the list, and all messages will be archived from
> that point on.  The archive is also secure (as for disclosing posters'
> addresses to spammers).  read
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/about.html

I just have subscribed the tetex, tetex-pretest and tetex-announce lists,
so they'll be archived there from now on. Thanks for that suggestion.

Thomas

[-- Attachment #2.1.3: Type: text/plain, Size: 122 bytes --]

--
--Ed Cashin                     PGP public key:
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu           http://www.coe.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/

Bill White . billw@wolfram.com . http://members.wri.com/billw
Having children is like having a bowling alley installed in
your brain. --Martin Mull

From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 1999-12-07 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill> Looks like it might be worthwhile to be able to use Gnus to read stuff
Bill> at <url:http://www.mailing-list.com>, such as the teTeX list at

I can not connect to this address.

Bill> <url:http://www.mail-archive.com/tetex%40informatik.uni-hannover.de/>.

[...]

I just did it last night. Since it is not so reliable, I did not
announce it.

Check out the latest CVS. Use `B nnwarchive RET mail-archive RET' in
group buffer to browse the groups.

--
Shenghuo ZHU

@ 1999-12-07 20:44   ` Bill White
From: Bill White @ 1999-12-07 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 07 Dec 1999 15:23:58 -0500
in article <5bzovmpkip.fsf@gin.cs.rochester.edu>
Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> said:

  Bill> Looks like it might be worthwhile to be able to use Gnus to read stuff
  Bill> at <url:http://www.mailing-list.com>, such as the teTeX list at

  > I can not connect to this address.

Sorry - I meant to refer to mail-archive as below:

  Bill> <url:http://www.mail-archive.com/tetex%40informatik.uni-hannover.de/>.

  > [...]

  > I just did it last night. Since it is not so reliable, I did not
  > announce it.

  > Check out the latest CVS. Use `B nnwarchive RET mail-archive RET' in
  > group buffer to browse the groups.

Wow! That's great!

bw