From: David Moore <dmoore@UCSD.EDU>
Subject: Re: Splitting of ding@ifi
Date: 03 Apr 1997 10:55:38 -0800	[thread overview]

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

> Currently, my fancy mail splitting entry for ding list looks like
> this:
>
>      ("received" "ding@ifi" "ding.discuss")
>
> But this is unsatisfactory, as it seems to miss some messages, which
> end up in `private' newsgroup.  Is there a way around this?  If not,
> could the list owner please add the `X-Mailing-List' header?

I use the following, and don't think I've had anything misfiled,
although perhaps with someone posting to a newsgroup gateway??  Maybe
things are getting misfiled for you suddenly because of the new mail
going to 'ding@gnus.org'.

   ("ding@\\(ifi.uio.no\\|gnus.org\\)"		".ding"			t)
   ("gnus-bug@ifi.uio.no"			".ding"			t)

Uh, which gets turned into something like:
(any "ding@\\(ifi.uio.no\\|gnus.org\\)" "mail.list.ding")
(any "gnus-bug@ifi.uio.no" "mail.list.ding")

Oh, I see I need to add the new bugs@gnus.org too.

I also redefine any, thusly:

(setq
 nnmail-split-abbrev-alist
 '((any . "from\\|to\\|cc\\|sender\\|apparently-to\\|resent-from\\|resent-to\\|resent-cc\\|x-originally-to")
   (mail . "mailer-daemon\\|postmaster")))

If you're curious about the first form up there.  It's a joint
refiling/bbdb controls list.  My .gnus (without many useful comments,
since I just rewrote the filing/bbdb code I used in VM when I switched)
is available on the .gnus web page.
<URL:http://superdave.socom.com/gnus/>

--
David Moore <dmoore@ucsd.edu>       | Computer Systems Lab      __o
UCSD Dept. Computer Science - 0114  | Work: (619) 534-8604    _ \<,_