From: David Moore <dmoore@UCSD.EDU>
Subject: Re: No groups NoCeM looks for. What now?
Date: 30 Jan 1997 11:54:52 -0800	[thread overview]

"H. V\dis\dnen" <hvaisane@joyds1.joensuu.fi> writes:

> My news server does not subscribe to any of the groups NoCeM
> looks for messages. Is there any way to use NoCeM except
> to persuade the news server administrator to subscribe those
> groups?

	Part of the reason of moving alt.nocem to news.lists.filters and
news.admin.net-abuse.announce was that most sites carry a full news.*
feed.

	You might be able to find an alternate nntp server which
provides those groups and access the messages that way.  Also, some of
the bigger issuers make them available via the web, but each presumably
has their own format, which you'd need to parse.

--
David Moore <dmoore@ucsd.edu>       | Computer Systems Lab      __o
UCSD Dept. Computer Science - 0114  | Work: (619) 534-8604    _ \<,_