* bug (or feature?) in gnus-summary-next-page
@ 1996-12-09 20:34 Burkhard Knopf
From: Burkhard Knopf @ 1996-12-09 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Is it just me or did anyone else run into this:

Let's say you got a posting that fits in the *Article* window with
some hidden header lines. Then you show those (typing "t") which makes
the article longer that what you see now in the window. Trying to see
the rest of the posting by typing " " (gnus-summary-next-page) won't
show that but rather get the next unread article.

I can't remember having seen that in September Gnus, and I don't like
it either. But who am I to criticize such a nice package ...

--
burkhard.knopf@informatik.tu-clausthal.de

* Re: bug (or feature?) in gnus-summary-next-page
@ 1996-12-09 20:59 ` David Moore
From: David Moore @ 1996-12-09 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Burkhard Knopf <burkhard.knopf@informatik.tu-clausthal.de> writes:
> Let's say you got a posting that fits in the *Article* window with
> some hidden header lines. Then you show those (typing "t") which makes
> the article longer that what you see now in the window. Trying to see
> the rest of the posting by typing " " (gnus-summary-next-page) won't
> show that but rather get the next unread article.

	I've started seeing this to, actually it happens every time, now
that I think about it.  Might just be an xemacs thing?

> I can't remember having seen that in September Gnus, and I don't like
> it either. But who am I to criticize such a nice package ...

	I think it broke around the time of the summary buffer code
rewrite?  It definitely worked in most of the .6* rgnus.

--
David Moore <dmoore@ucsd.edu>       | Computer Systems Lab      __o
UCSD Dept. Computer Science - 0114  | Work: (619) 534-8604    _ \<,_

* Re: bug (or feature?) in gnus-summary-next-page
@ 1996-12-09 21:33   ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-12-09 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

David> Burkhard Knopf <burkhard.knopf@informatik.tu-clausthal.de> writes:
>> Let's say you got a posting that fits in the *Article* window with
>> some hidden header lines. Then you show those (typing "t") which makes
>> the article longer that what you see now in the window. Trying to see
>> the rest of the posting by typing " " (gnus-summary-next-page) won't
>> show that but rather get the next unread article.

David> 	I've started seeing this to, actually it happens every time, now
David> that I think about it.  Might just be an xemacs thing?

I don't think so.  This problem has been around since at least July.

Sender: steve@deanna.miranova.com
To: gnus-bug@ifi.uio.no (The Gnus Bugfixing Girls + Boys)
Subject: Paging bug when unfolding hidden signatures
From: Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com>
Gcc: nnfolder+archive:misc-mail
Date: 20 Jul 1996 18:05:43 -0700

--Multipart_Sat_Jul_20_18:05:43_1996-1

Gnus v5.2.37; nntp 4.0; nnml 1.0; nnmh 1.0; nndir 1.0; nndraft 1.0; nnfolder 1.0
XEmacs 19.14 [Lucid] (i486-unknown-linux2.0.0) of Sat Jun 22 1996 on deanna.miranova.com

Description of problem:
Unhide a signature that is longer than the remainder of the display.
The scrollbar correctly reflects the increased length of the message,
but hitting the space does not scroll into the unhidden text, it takes
you to the next unread message.

This is primarily a problem when reading (or attempting to read) a
response from majordomo.

steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.
"Bill Clinton is a bore.  He doesn't have a creative bone in his
body."  -- David Brinkley

* Re: bug (or feature?) in gnus-summary-next-page
@ 1996-12-09 21:37   ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-12-09 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

David> I've started seeing this to, actually it happens every time,
David> now that I think about it.  Might just be an xemacs thing?

[Forget the previous message, I'm a dummy]
It's an XEmacs bug, and I have a bug report from Lars on it:

Matt Pharr <mmp@graphics.stanford.edu> writes:

> XEmacs 19.14 [Lucid] (mips-sgi-irix5.3) of Wed Jun 26 1996 on extreme
>
> I've just started hiding cited text, but it seems buggy. On the enclosed
> article, for example, when I click on the button to see the rest of the
> article, more appears, but when I hit space to scroll to the next page of
> it, it goes to the next article instead.

This seems like an XEmacs 19.14 bug.  It seems that the
`(move-to-window-line -1)' will go to the previous window position --
it looks like there are some things that should have been recomputed
that aren't.  I don't have a fix for this.