* Unwanted catchup when entering a newsgroup
@ 1999-10-09  7:37 Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 1999-10-09  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

>From time to time, Gnus marks as read all articles of a newsgroup
when I try to enter this group (and doesn't show the summary buffer).
After that, the unread article count is zero.  This happens only very
sporadically, and I haven't been able to track it down yet.  Any ideas?
I haven't observed this with v0.96 or mail groups, BTW.

* Re: Unwanted catchup when entering a newsgroup
@ 1999-10-11 13:14 piet
From: piet @ 1999-10-11 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> From time to time, Gnus marks as read all articles of a newsgroup
FW> when I try to enter this group (and doesn't show the summary buffer).
FW> After that, the unread article count is zero.  This happens only very
FW> sporadically, and I haven't been able to track it down yet.  Any ideas?
FW> I haven't observed this with v0.96 or mail groups, BTW.

I have observed the same. I just went back to the official gnus version
(5.6.45) and looked in those newsgroups and found no messages that I had
missed. So my guess is that pgnus just makes an error in the initial
article count.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl>
Private email: Piet.van.Oostrum@gironet.nl