tm supports MIME charset for September Gnus running on Mule. Mule already code-converts when reading and writing file, however it requires to read/write with no code-conversion and code-conversion must be done when a content is displayed after MIME parsing is done. Because MIME charset is specified for content, not for message. So a message can have different charset contents. For only nntp, it is easy. But now September Gnus has various kinds of nn* back ends. So it is difficult to support only tm-sgnus.el. Anyway, I made a patch for nn*. It adds an alias and two hooks. Alias `nnheader-insert-raw-file-contents' is to read with no code conversion. It is used for read mailbox file or separated article file. `nnheader-load-hook' is for tm-sgnus.el. It is used to redefine `nnheader-insert-raw-file-contents'. (XEmacs 19.13 does not have function `eval-after-load') `nnmail-prepare-save-mail-hook' is to set coding-system is *noconv*. There are various `nn*-prepare-save-mail-hook', old tm-sgnus added to every hooks, however if new nn* is created, tm-sgnus must be fixed. It is not good way, I think. So please add one hook before mail saving. In addition, tm 7.52.2 supports this patch. Thanks,