As Larsi is going out hacking Quassia (going in perhaps?), I'd like to take out one of my favorite nags: Decoupling of mail acquisition, mail storage, and posting. Gnus used to be a news reader, as everybody knows :-) News are put in the right place by the news system, and posting on most machines is just done by nntp. Fine! When adding mail, the picture gets more complicated. In the old days, mail arrived in a nice file you could use movemail on, and then you filtered it into the correct boxes. But nowadays, mail arrives in the funniest ways, like prefiltered by procmail, or laid out in a Maildir by qmail, or a few of them at the same time. Also, there are more and more storage possibilities, nnml (nice and fast), nnfolder (works nicely with compression) and so on. And then there are those mails that can be only read with Netscape (fee!), hack what you like. So, what I would like to have, is an acquisition method associated with each (mail storage) server, and for symmetry, a posting method, too. In the same area, I still dream about a mail filtering mechanism that filters into different servers. Hitting "g" would walk the active mail acquisition methods, not the mail storage methods like now. Respooling could be manual like now, or go through the global mail-filter. To make that upward compatible would mean an additional alist to pick out the server, I think. Talking about filtering: From time to time, I would like to filter by body contents (I know it's slow, but it would be prefiltered by from or to). Any chance ? Jost