* Loss of highlighting after "C-c C-f"
@ 1996-09-16 11:09 Jost Krieger
From: Jost Krieger @ 1996-09-16 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've switched to red gnus a short time ago,
so I'll now be posting all kinds of things that
did change (or not) when switching.

This one did not. I send it to the list because I'm not sure
it is a pure gnus bug.

I have all kinds of stuff added:
tm, bbdb, mailcrypt (no vm any longer, thanks Gnus).

Every time I forward a letter from a mailing list using "C-c C-f",
when the mail is sent, the summary buffer has lost all highlighting.

Jost
--
Jost Krieger, Postmaster, Rechenzentrum der Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum
Jost.Krieger@rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de

* Re: Loss of highlighting after "C-c C-f"
@ 1996-09-18  1:16 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-09-18  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jost Krieger <Jost.Krieger@rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> Every time I forward a letter from a mailing list using "C-c C-f",
> when the mail is sent, the summary buffer has lost all highlighting.

That's odd.  Uhm...  I have absolutely no idea what might be causing
this.

* Re: Loss of highlighting after "C-c C-f"
@ 1996-09-18  2:23   ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-09-18  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Jost Krieger <Jost.Krieger@rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

Jost> Every time I forward a letter from a mailing list using "C-c C-f",
Jost> when the mail is sent, the summary buffer has lost all highlighting.

Lars> That's odd.  Uhm...  I have absolutely no idea what might be causing
Lars> this.

I had a similar problem with an early 19.30 Emacs and tm.  I don't
remember if I ever got the problem fixed, but I diagnosed it as the
Gnus buffer being font locked.  You might try looking in the gnus bug
archive for my old messages to find similarity, I know I sent numerous
bug reports on this.

Just a thought, do you use lazy lock?  If you do, try turning it off
and see if that helps.
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.