* gnus-group-line-format questions
@ 2002-10-03  4:58 John H Palmieri
From: John H Palmieri @ 2002-10-03  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have two questions about formatting lines in the Group buffer:

1. Is it possible to use different formatting for different parts of
   the buffer?  For instance, I would like lines for mail groups
   formatted differently from news groups.

2. I happen to have mail groups with names like "Mail/IMAP/gnus", and
   I would like them to be displayed without the "Mail/IMAP/" part.
   Is that possible?

I guess both of these might be doable if there were a
user-customizable specifier that takes the group name as an argument,
but I don't think there is such a thing.  Or is there?  Can I access
the group name somehow within gnus-user-format-function-X?  Or can I
use "Advanced Formatting" somehow (something like %~(form
(gnus-group-group-name)))?

(Would it make sense if gnus-user-format-function-X were passed the
group name, when used in gnus-group-line-format?  As it is, I think
it's just a dummy variable, carrying no information.)

--
J. H. Palmieri
Dept of Mathematics, Box 354350    mailto:palmieri@math.washington.edu