* How do I disable Group Lens?
@ 1996-09-16 19:55 Miguel de Icaza
From: Miguel de Icaza @ 1996-09-16 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello guys,

   I have been using group lens for a couple of days and did not like
it, my scores were better so I want to leave the group lens stuff
alone.  I have set the gnus-use-grouplens to nil, but it does not care
about it.  Is there anything I am overlooking?

Miguel.

* Re: How do I disable Group Lens?
@ 1996-09-18  1:19 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-09-18  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:

>    I have been using group lens for a couple of days and did not like
> it, my scores were better so I want to leave the group lens stuff
> alone.  I have set the gnus-use-grouplens to nil, but it does not care
> about it.  Is there anything I am overlooking?

Perhaps you have `gnus-grouplens-mode' in some summary setup hook?

* Re: How do I disable Group Lens?
@ 1996-09-18  3:47   ` Miguel de Icaza
From: Miguel de Icaza @ 1996-09-18  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> >    I have been using group lens for a couple of days and did not like
> > it, my scores were better so I want to leave the group lens stuff
> > alone.  I have set the gnus-use-grouplens to nil, but it does not care
> > about it.  Is there anything I am overlooking?
>
> Perhaps you have `gnus-grouplens-mode' in some summary setup hook?

Mhm, where can I find those summary setup hooks?  I have searched in
my ~/.newsrc.el and in my ~/.emacs and there is no reference to
gnus-use-grouplens any longer.  But no matter how many times I C-k the
line that had the gnus-use-grouplens the gnus-use-grouplens variable
is always on when I start up my Gnus.

Any ideas on where I should be looking for?  Am I doomed to use
GroupLens?

Best wishes, and thanks for this superior program,

@ 1996-09-18 18:47     ` Miguel de Icaza
From: Miguel de Icaza @ 1996-09-18 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Mhm, where can I find those summary setup hooks?  I have searched in
> my ~/.newsrc.el and in my ~/.emacs and there is no reference to
> gnus-use-grouplens any longer.  But no matter how many times I C-k the
> line that had the gnus-use-grouplens the gnus-use-grouplens variable
> is always on when I start up my Gnus.
>
> Any ideas on where I should be looking for?  Am I doomed to use
> GroupLens?

Never mind, the problem is now fixed.

Best wishes,
Miguel.