* Defining multiple banners for a mail group.
@ 2002-06-19  3:56 Steve Youngs
From: Steve Youngs @ 2002-06-19  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Folks!

So many mailing lists these days have [un]subscription info or
advertising tacked onto the end of every message... Thank God for the
'banner' parameter. :-)

Unfortunately, I'm starting to see mailing lists with multiple bits of
this type of thing.  So '(banner . signature)' doesn't work because
that only removes the last signature in a message.

I could...

(setq gnus-article-banner-alist
      '((big-banner . "regexp-1\\|regexp-2")))

(setq gnus-parameters
      '(("group\\(1\\|2\\)"
         (banner . big-banner))))

But I want to do something like...

(setq gnus-article-banner-alist
      '((banner-1 . "regexp-1")
        (banner-2 . "regexp-2")))

(setq gnus-parameters
      '(("group1"
         (banner . banner-1))
        ("group2"
         (banner . (concat banner-1 "\\|" banner-2)))))

But I can't get it to work.  Anybody got any ideas?

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: 10D5C9C5>---|
|            XEmacs - It's not just an editor.             |