On Thu, Mar 31 2011, Stephen Berman wrote: > Since this change: > > 2011-03-21 Julien Danjou > > * mm-view.el (mm-display-inline-fontify): Make mode optional, and call > normal-mode if not set. Set temp buffer unmodified to avoid kill-buffer > query. > (mm-inline-text): Render normal text with fontification whenever > possible. > > plain text in MIME parts between quotation marks is shown in > font-lock-string-face. I couldn't find any discussion about this on the > list, so I don't know what the motivation for it is, but I don't like > it. Is it possible to suppress just this fontification? If not, I > would like to request that it be made configurable. Thanks, I just noticed that too. This is a side effect of that new feature, it fontifies with fundamental mode. What a weird idea. :) I've blacklisted this mode for fontification, since it has no interest. -- Julien Danjou ❱ http://julien.danjou.info