On Mon, Mar 07 2011, Antoine Levitt wrote: > It just seems too much trouble to maintain a separate branch, especially > since I tend to get extremely confused by git error messages and end up > doing a lot of git reset --hard :) So I just maintain a set a patches > without ever committing and I just do git stash && git pull && git stash > apply. It probably doesn't scale too well, but since my changes are > usually small enough not to require commits, that's good enough for me. You're not forced to create a branch. If you commit into master, just do: git format-patch origin/master.. And you'll get your file. Then do reset --hard if you want. -- Julien Danjou ❱ http://julien.danjou.info