On Mon, Dec 13 2010, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote: > However, I don't know how I'd like having all the groups be prefixed. > Then I think the group buffer, at least, should be displayed > differently. Perhaps just do everything, er, like so: > > imap 4342244: misc.unanswered > nntp 23: gmane.discuss > nntp *: gnu.emacs.gnus > > and not mention the complete prefixed name... I'd say OK for the display part, but that's the just a default format issue. But then, be careful of conflicts. You can have the same group name on 2 differents servers. So you have to use full name everywhere, which anyhow would avoid the confusion we have now. > However, commands that expect group names will still expect group names, > so people would have to deal with the complete names at some point. > Although it's easier now, since the completion code has gotten so much > better. I never type a complete name with `j' any more, but just some > random string from the middle of the group name. > > This would actually be really easy to implement. > > `gnus-select-method' would just default to nnnil, as Adam suggested. > `gnus-methods' would default to `gnus-secondary-select-methods' (for > legacy purposes). So new users would only use `gnus-methods', while > older users could continue to use their old stuff. +1 When do we start? ;) -- Julien Danjou ❱ http://julien.danjou.info