On Tue, Sep 21 2010, Tassilo Horn wrote: > I know these are all fundamental issues with Gnus working with article > numbers. But are there any chances to overcome that limitation, because > the assumption of article numbers corresponding to recency simply > doesn't hold for mail? I don't know for sure, but I don't think it's doable without downloading all articles headers, sorting them by date, and then showing only the latest 100. Which is the same as downloading all article with C-u RET RET and sorting them by date. Gnus is the only MUA I know able to dowload only the latest N articles. All others download all the articles. So you may are expecting something from Gnus that is not doable at all, and that no other MUA does for a good reason. :) -- Julien Danjou // ᐰ http://julien.danjou.info