On Mon, Dec 13 2010, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote: > While making dinner here I was thinking about what Steinar said about > separating out the non-marks stuff (group parameters and... stuff?) > from .newsrc.eld. Which led me to thinking about where to store it. > Which led me to thinking about IMAP. As an IMAP-only user, I just want to say that the .newsrc.eld is a PITA to me. I'm OK that Gnus use that file to store its IMAP cache (gnus-newsrc-alist). But it's currently a bit more than a cache when it comes to subscription for example. If Gnus was able to retrieve IMAP subscription + assign group level on a configuration basis[1], I'd be happier. I'd like to not have my mail handling depending on a data file. :) OTOH, gnus-sync etc would be fine for people reading newsgroups and wanting to sync their gnus-newsrs-alist on multiple accounts. :) My 2¢, [1] (same for topic, but I do not use them because they are stored in .newsrc.eld only). -- Julien Danjou ❱ http://julien.danjou.info