On Mon, Sep 06 2010, Romain Francoise wrote: > If emacs-snapshot is too broken to be usable I can usually > unbreak it right away, but someone needs to let me know... :-) > In this case doing (encode-coding-string "hei" 'utf-7) appears > to be working fine for me and I had no other report of breakage. > Is some special environment required to reproduce the bug? I don't know but this is what I got at startup: Error during redisplay: (error Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth') imap: Could not UTF7 encode `lists.guile-devel', using it unencoded... Error during redisplay: (error Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth') imap: Could not UTF7 encode `lists.frnog', using it unencoded... etc. (I have to press C-g to to stop it blocking on each folder, but in the end Gnus does not start). (encode-coding-string "hei" 'utf-7) Runs for a couple of seconds and then: when: Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth' -- Julien Danjou // ᐰ http://julien.danjou.info