Ok, so after my last attempt at a gnus logo with the oort cloud I sent it in knowing it didn't look all that grand. No one seemed interested so I dropped playing with it beyond the initial 15 minutes I spent. The Lars showed up again and committed it about 9 months later (or something like that). But, it still looked pretty bad. So, I played around a bit more with a better version of the oort cloud and have the following better replacements to suggest. They're all better, but I like the 3rd the best I think.