From: Wes Hardaker <wes@hardakers.net>
Subject: Re: building a smarter gnus
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 14:35:02 -0800	[thread overview]

>>>>> On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 17:18:42 -0500, prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) said:

Paul> That's how ShengHuo interpreted the request, but RMS didn't actually
Paul> say that, at least not in the message ShengHuo quoted.
Paul> <URL:http://www.gnus.org/list-archives/ding/200109/msg00324.html>

Ahh.  I do remember that discussion now.  Silly then, silly now.

Terminology is defined for particular applications so that a
consistent method of conversing can be established.  Using "backend"
means we've defined a new term to mean the underpinnings of gnus and
how it interacts with something else.  If Lars says "please look at my
new backend", I'm much more likely to go look for his code in the CVS
tree.  On the other hand, if he had said "please look at my back end"
I'm much more likely to go and decode his xface ;-)  Can someone send
RMS a note and tell him "emacs" is not a word, could he please use
"editor" instead?

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."