* Re: Problem installing latest (5.6.2) Gnus
@ 1998-03-11 23:30   ` zorro
From: zorro @ 1998-03-11 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 12 Mar 1998, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
i'm running debian, can i install the latest xemacs on my system????

harold

@ 1998-03-12 13:17 David Mentre
From: David Mentre @ 1998-03-12 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

 [As I'm not on ding@gnus.org, would you please cc: me any answer ?]

 Hi all Gnus developers,

 I'm trying to install Gnus for Emacs-19.34. Unfortunatly, it does not
seem to work.

 After installing the Custom package, I byte-compiled Gnus
(./configure;make EMACS=emacs-19.34).

 But when I start the new Gnus, I get an error. Here is the error
message when I start the uncompiled version:

    Symbol's function definition is void: defgroup

The backtrace:

Signaling: (void-function defgroup)
  (defgroup message (quote (... ...)) "Mail and news message composing." :link (quote (custom-manual "(message)Top")) :group (quote mail) :group (quote news))
  require(message)
  execute-extended-command(nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command)

 The mailing-list archive seems do be unavailable[1], therefore I ask on
this mailing list.

 Any help would be great,
 Regards,
 david

[1] when accessing http://www.miranova.com/gnus-list/ :
"File Not Found

The requested URL /gnus-list/ was not found on this server.

There was also some additional information available about the error:
[Thu Mar 12 05:13:23 1998] access to /m/virtual-domains/miranova.com/gnus-list/ failed for
cache1.serveurs-nationaux.jussieu.fr, reason: File does not exist "
--
 David.Mentre@irisa.fr
  Personal: http://www.irisa.fr/prive/dmentre/

* Re: Problem installing latest (5.6.2) Gnus
@ 1998-03-12 14:47 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1998-03-12 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1998-03-12 16:21     ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1998-03-12 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Hrvoje Niksic, ding

z> i'm running debian, can i install the latest xemacs on my
z> system????

Yes.  See www.xemacs.org.

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."