* just tried making 0.97
@ 1999-09-27 16:05 Daniel Monjar
From: Daniel Monjar @ 1999-09-27 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

And I got this:
-------------------------
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dmonjar/pgnus-0.97/lisp'
cd texi && make EMACS="/usr/local/bin/emacs" all
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dmonjar/pgnus-0.97/texi'
make[1]: *** Warning: File `gnus.texi' has modification time in the
future (938448958 > 938448167)
if test -x /usr/bin/makeinfo; then \
  makeinfo -o gnus gnus.texi; \
else \
  /usr/local/bin/emacs -batch -q -no-site-file -eval '(find-file
"gnus.texi")' -l texinfmt -f texinfo-every-node-update -f
tex                                            info-format-buffer -f
save-buffer; \
fi
if test -x /usr/bin/makeinfo; then \
  makeinfo -o message message.texi; \
else \
  /usr/local/bin/emacs -batch -q -no-site-file -eval '(find-file
"message.texi")' -l texinfmt -f texinfo-every-node-update
-f                                             texinfo-format-buffer -f
save-buffer; \
fi
if test -x /usr/bin/makeinfo; then \
  makeinfo -o emacs-mime emacs-mime.texi; \
else \
  /usr/local/bin/emacs -batch -q -no-site-file -eval '(find-file
"emacs-mime.texi")' -l texinfmt -f
texinfo-every-node-update                                             -f
texinfo-format-buffer -f save-buffer; \
fi
make[1]: *** Warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be
incomplete.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dmonjar/pgnus-0.97/texi'

[dmonjar@monjard ~/pgnus-0.97]$ ls -l texi/gnus.texi
-rw-r--r--   1 dmonjar  dmonjar    705101 Sep 27 12:15 texi/gnus.texi

[dmonjar@monjard ~/pgnus-0.97]$ date
Mon Sep 27 12:03:28 EDT 1999

[dmonjar@monjard ~/pgnus-0.97]$
----------------------------------

of course, after I come back from lunch the problem will go away
<grin>...
--
Daniel Monjar (mailto:dmonjar@orgtek.com)
Organon Teknika

* Re: just tried making 0.97
@ 1999-09-27 16:14 ` Ted Rathkopf
From: Ted Rathkopf @ 1999-09-27 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Daniel Monjar <dmonjar@orgtek.com> writes:

> make[1]: *** Warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be
> incomplete.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dmonjar/pgnus-0.97/texi'

Are you building this on an NFS mounted drive?  If so, check the
clocks on both the machine where you are doing the build and the
machine which hosts the drive.

I had a similar problem when I was trying to build something last
week, and found that the clocks were about 20 minutes off.  Once I set
the clocks to approximately the same time, everything worked fine.

--
Ted Rathkopf

* Re: just tried making 0.97
@ 1999-09-27 16:29   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-09-27 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Rathkopf <ted@rathkopf.org> writes:

> Are you building this on an NFS mounted drive?  If so, check the
> clocks on both the machine where you are doing the build and the
> machine which hosts the drive.

The clock skew was on Quimby.  I've now whacked it about a bit.

(And we're still testing the news-to-mail thing.)

* CVS write access policy & nntp gateway & bug reports & stuff
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-09-27 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

> (And we're still testing the news-to-mail thing.)

Hey!  It worked!

Anybody can now access the quimby.gnus.org news server.  Gatewaying
back and forth seems to work ok, so anyone who want to use it -- feel
free.

CVS read policy:  Anyone who wants to check things out of the CVS
thing -- go ahead.

CVS write policy:  People who have write access can check things into
the repository whenever they feel like it.  Before doing a release, I
will be going over the diff and chucking out anything I don't like,
but if nobody puts in things I don't like, that will make things
easier for me.  :-)  But you have my confidence.  Oh, but pleeeze --
please update the ChangeLog when you do any changes.

Perhaps a pgnus-current.tar.gz package should be created once a day --
just a CVS checkout, and then tarred and gzipped?

All bug reports go to the gnus-bug newsgroup.  Perhaps this group
shouldn't be open for reading for the entire world, since there might
be sensitive information there?  How about password-protecting that
group, but with a "public" password that people on this list knows
about?

* Re: just tried making 0.97
@ 1999-09-27 17:00 ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1999-09-27 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \

* Re: CVS write access policy & nntp gateway & bug reports & stuff
@ 1999-10-04 15:59       ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1999-10-04 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars> Oh, but pleeeze -- please update the ChangeLog when you do any
Lars> changes.

You might consider generating the ChangeLog file from the cvs log
messages...  I do this and that way I don't have to worry about people
updating the ChangeLog file.  Of course, teaching them to write
properly formatted commit messages is sometimes equally a pain...

I have a perl script if ya like...

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

* Re: CVS write access policy & nntp gateway & bug reports & stuff
@ 1999-10-08 15:43         ` Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1999-10-08 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> You might consider generating the ChangeLog file from the cvs log
> messages...

IMHO it's better to induce people to keep a proper ChangeLog. If these
people use emacs (which is a viable assumption in our case), and
pcl-cvs (not a big deal to install/enable), they can in turn generate
the log messages from the ChangeLog. (As easy as M-x cvs-update and
then 'C' on to commit a file.)

        Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>