* Can I prevent pop mail fetching when unplugged
@ 1998-02-12 13:51 Francois Felix Ingrand
From: Francois Felix Ingrand @ 1998-02-12 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am starting to move my mail to Gnus and at home I use Quassia Gnus to read
the news. I also grab some mail list using a homebrewed version of popper which
allows me to grap procmail spools (one pop account per mail list).

Can I prevent gnus to grab the mail (when hitting g) when the agent is
disconnected? I just want to make sure that I do not start my PPP link by
mistake...

Basically, I would like to plugged gnus, hit g (this would grab the mail too),
J S, J s, J j , et voila. Any subsequent g would not bring the link up.

Moreover, can I specify a SMTP delivery mechanism? Thanks in advance,

BTW: has the pb of multiple agent'ized nntp server been solved?
Francois Felix INGRAND                          Spam proof addresses:
Professional: http://www.laas.fr/~felix         mailto:felix@laas.fr
Personal: http://worldserver.oleane.com/felix   mailto:felix@dial.oleane.com

* Re: Can I prevent pop mail fetching when unplugged
@ 1998-02-12 20:24 ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1998-02-12 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

FFI> Basically, I would like to plugged gnus, hit g (this would grab
FFI> the mail too), J S, J s, J j , et voila. Any subsequent g would
FFI> not bring the link up.

This is how it operates by default :-).

When unplugged, 'g' does almost nothing.  (It will show you new
articles in, say, the nndraft:queue group).

FFI> Moreover, can I specify a SMTP delivery mechanism? Thanks in
FFI> advance,

When unplugged, it stores all the mail in a queue and waits for you to
hit 'J S' once your plugged again.

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

* Re: Can I get pop mail from different pop account
@ 1998-02-14 13:18 ` Francois Felix Ingrand
From: Francois Felix Ingrand @ 1998-02-14 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Francois Felix Ingrand <felix@laas.fr> writes:

> I am starting to move my mail to Gnus and at home I use Quassia Gnus to read
> the news. I also grab some mail list using a homebrewed version of popper which
> allows me to grap procmail spools (one pop account per mail list).

In fact, I was a little bit over optimist in writting this. I have not been
able to tell Gnus to fetch my mail using a different pop account for each nnml
group... Is this possible at all? if yes, how?

Basically, on my work machine, I dispatch maillist using procmail. Then I have
a home made version of popper which can grab any spool file (I just give
username#spool_pathname@hostname). At home, I am moving my maillist to GNUS I
would like to grab those pop spools using my modified popper, each spool in a
different nnml group. Does it sound possible at all?

Thanks in advance,

--
Francois Felix INGRAND     "La guerre, qu'on voit danser le long des golfes