From: Wes Hardaker <wes@hardakers.net>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: dummy line marked E breaks imap
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 21:03:29 -0800	[thread overview]

>>>>> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:11:50 +0100, Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> said:

Simon> The problem is the negative UID, I think dummy lines are
Simon> assigned negative article numbers.  However, are backends
Simon> really expected to handle negative article numbers?  It appears
Simon> as if there is a bug in Gnus in that it doesn't remove the
Simon> negative article number before invoking the backend.  If not,
Simon> nnimap should probably just discard negative article numbers.

I agree...  I doubt gnus should be handing them down.  It certainly
doesn't seem like adding the complexity to all the backends is worth
the one time you'd have to watch for it above.