From: Wes Hardaker <wes@hardakers.net>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: message-send-mail-function, agent, and a day of work
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:26:28 -0700	[thread overview]

>>>>> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:20:31 -0500, Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com> said:

Kevin> Now, one question, are you writing your smtp switch logic into
Kevin> the function called by message-send-mail-function?  I believe
Kevin> that you must, if you want offline mail to also be send via
Kevin> multiple smtp servers.

Currently its written into a hook call at message-send-hook.  It
decides, based on the contents of the buffer, what to set the
gnus-agent-send-mail-function to (it used to change
message-send-mail-function, which didn't work as previously
discussed).

I haven't tried it off line yet.

My suggestion previously was how to fix the problem of my original
assumption which didn't hold true.  What I'm actually doing now works
just fine, but I'd rather that people not have to spend a day thinking
about it like I did.