* New marks stuff
@ 2001-08-19 10:10 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-08-19 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is the new Marks stuff wreaking havoc with any ones setup?

Seems to have booggered up read unread.  All new mail now arrives and
never shows up as unread.  When looking in the actual directory I see
the new messages but gnus doesn't think they are new.

* Re: New marks stuff
@ 2001-08-19 10:40 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-08-19 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Is the new Marks stuff wreaking havoc with any ones setup?

Seems that way. :-/

> Seems to have booggered up read unread.  All new mail now arrives and
> never shows up as unread.  When looking in the actual directory I see
> the new messages but gnus doesn't think they are new.

Do you see them marked as read in Gnus, or not at all?

Maybe you could try the edebug hint from my reply to Daniel.

* Re: New marks stuff
@ 2001-08-24 18:37 ` Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2001-08-24 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Sun Aug 19 2001 at 05:10, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> said:

    > Is the new Marks stuff wreaking havoc with any ones setup?
>
    > Seems to have booggered up read unread.  All new mail now
    > arrives and never shows up as unread.  When looking in the
    > actual directory I see the new messages but gnus doesn't think
    > they are new.

Same here.  Is there a fix since Harry's message on Sunday?  I haven't
been following the discussion (wife in hospital, kids vomiting,
whee!).

Incoming mail in at least one group, may main "incoming" group, is
marked as read before I ever see it.  Now where's that pre-oort
tarball...

Cheers -

bw
--
Bill White . billw@wolfram.com . http://members.wri.com/billw
"No ma'am, we're musicians."

* Re: New marks stuff
@ 2001-08-24 19:39   ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-08-24 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill White <billw@wolfram.com> writes:

> On Sun Aug 19 2001 at 05:10, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> said:
>
>     > Is the new Marks stuff wreaking havoc with any ones setup?
> >
>     > Seems to have booggered up read unread.  All new mail now
>     > arrives and never shows up as unread.  When looking in the
>     > actual directory I see the new messages but gnus doesn't think
>     > they are new.
>
> Same here.  Is there a fix since Harry's message on Sunday?  I haven't
> been following the discussion (wife in hospital, kids vomiting,
> whee!).
>
> Incoming mail in at least one group, may main "incoming" group, is
> marked as read before I ever see it.  Now where's that pre-oort
> tarball...

The problem was fixed in Monday.

ShengHuo

* Re: New marks stuff
@ 2001-08-25  6:47     ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2001-08-25  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> Bill White <billw@wolfram.com> writes:

>> Incoming mail in at least one group, may main "incoming" group, is
>> marked as read before I ever see it.  Now where's that pre-oort
>> tarball...
>
> The problem was fixed in Monday.

Yes, it's getting better.  But article previously marked for expiration
are back as 'unread'; maybe, it's considered to work this way the first
time you'll switch from an old Gnus to a recent version (with the new
mark stuff)?

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o

* Re: New marks stuff
@ 2001-08-27 16:14       ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-08-27 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:

>>> Incoming mail in at least one group, may main "incoming" group, is
>>> marked as read before I ever see it.  Now where's that pre-oort
>>> tarball...
>>
>> The problem was fixed in Monday.
>
> Yes, it's getting better.  But article previously marked for expiration
> are back as 'unread'; maybe, it's considered to work this way the first
> time you'll switch from an old Gnus to a recent version (with the new
> mark stuff)?

No.

This sounds familiar to what some nnimap users has reported in the
past.  Maybe the expiring code doesn't call nnfoo-request-set-mark,
but simply updates the group info.

Do you still see it?  I'll try to reproduce it.

* Re: New marks stuff
@ 2001-08-27 20:36         ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2001-08-27 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Do you still see it?

I marked the messages as read again and they seem to keep this status.