From: Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: spam-split with bogofilter
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:40:29 +0100	[thread overview]

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> That works, you can also put a separate entry in the list variable -
> customize it and you'll see what I mean.  I think that's cleaner
> (IMHO) than compound regular expressions.

[...]

> It's necessary iff you want ham, when processed, to go somewhere else
> when you are in a spam group.  Since you said you want that, it is
> necessary to set the ham-process-destination parameter.

Now these are my settings:

(setq spam-use-bogofilter t)
(setq gnus-spam-process-newsgroups
      '(("nnml:mail\\..*"
	 (gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-bogofilter
	  gnus-group-ham-exit-processor-bogofilter))
	("nnml:spambox"
	 (gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-bogofilter
	  gnus-group-ham-exit-processor-bogofilter)))
      gnus-spam-process-destinations '(("nnml:mail\\..*" "nnml:spambox"))
      gnus-ham-process-destinations '(("nnml:spambox" "nnml:mail.rest"))
      spam-junk-mailgroups '("spambox")
      spam-split-group "spambox")

(setq gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents
      '(("nnml:spambox"  gnus-group-spam-classification-spam)
	("nnml:mail\\.spambox"  gnus-group-spam-classification-spam)
	("nnml:.*" gnus-group-spam-classification-ham)))

> Do 'G c' on "spambox" to customize the group parameters, or customize
> the variable gnus-ham-process-destinations.

Done.  But unmarking a message in "spambox" und quitting this group
is not enough to register the message as ham and move it back to the
mail.rest group.

Currently this workaround does the trick for me.

. Unmark message
. Widen the message (C-u g)
. Go to the article buffer (C-x o) and mark the message (C-x h)
. Call bogofilter on the message to register it as ham
  (M-| bogofilter -n RET)
. C-x o
. Respool the message (B r)

The more false positives are registered the less I'll have to do this
manual intervention ;-)  Thus far I'm quite happy with the spam
detection now.  Thanks for all your help!

(BTW, I don't use customize because it looks too confusing to me or --
for simple variables it's overkill.)

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |      ,__o