* Problems with marks
@ 2001-08-30  5:32 Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2001-08-30  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm sorry to tell you but things are nicely broken when Gnus has to deal
with marks while copying/moving article form one group to the other
(nnml).

'ticks' (!) tend to get lost.  The tick marks tend to get converted to
'read/unseen' (O.); I wondering whether 'O.' is a contradiction in
itself?  If you think it's a good idea to drop the tick, please consider
to put it into the unread status.  BTW, I've the habit to tick articles
without reading them first...

Sometimes while splitting articles end up in two groups.  I set 'E' in
one group; the other one will automatically been marked as 'O'
(read)---that's a bad default.  Please, leave it as unread or mark it as
'E', too---but it's better to leave it as unread.

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o

* Re: Problems with marks
@ 2001-08-30 11:26 ` Jorge Godoy
From: Jorge Godoy @ 2001-08-30 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:

> I'm sorry to tell you but things are nicely broken when Gnus has to deal
> with marks while copying/moving article form one group to the other
> (nnml).
>
> 'ticks' (!) tend to get lost.  The tick marks tend to get converted to
> 'read/unseen' (O.); I wondering whether 'O.' is a contradiction in
> itself?  If you think it's a good idea to drop the tick, please consider
> to put it into the unread status.  BTW, I've the habit to tick articles
> without reading them first...

I'm not having this problem. I'm running Gnus from yesterday's CVS.

Actually, all marks have been kept, or this behaviour isn't constant
(I haven't "lost" any important message or mark that I can remember -
and I use them a lot!).

--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Solutions Developer       - Conectiva Inc. - http://en.conectiva.com
Desenvolvedor de Soluções - Conectiva S.A. - http://www.conectiva.com.br

* Re: Problems with marks
@ 2001-08-30 12:34   ` Karl Eichwalder
From: Karl Eichwalder @ 2001-08-30 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> writes:

> I'm not having this problem. I'm running Gnus from yesterday's CVS.

Thanks for helping to verify the problem.

At the moment I'm also not able to reproduce it (still using the "old"
CVS checkout from yesterday).