Dave Abrahams writes: > on Fri Feb 05 2016, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > >> Dave Abrahams writes: >> >>> There are some groups I read where one person reliably starts >>> unproductive threads that I'd like to ignore entirely. Is there any way >>> to use scoring to make that happen? >> >> Yes, `L f' will do that, I think? > > I don't *think* so. I don't just want to ignore the sender; I want to > entirely ignore any *thread* that particular sender might start. Does > `L f' do that? You are correct; L f should lower all messages with a matching followup header. I use Lsft, bound to 'k' to add a scoring rule for a subject (that will expire). But that's also now what you want. I think to do what you want will require code. I wonder about having a new kind of scoring action, which is able to run code instead of just assigning a value, and then to match on author, and if there is no followup header add a temp rule to match that followup. Or maybe there's some easier way to just run a procedure on each message.