Nikolaus Rath writes: > This patch introduces a new server variable, nnimap-hide-deleted. If > non-nil, articles with the IMAP \Deleted flag will not be included in > Summary buffers. > > This is intended to increase operability with other IMAP mailreaders and > the new 'never value for nnimap-expunge (see patch in bug 20670). I haven't reviewed the patch, but the functionality is needed. I find that on deleting messages with GUI IMAP clients, they are still seen in gnus. I find the deletion notion in IMAP confusing, between move-to-trash and just-marked-deleted-but-keep, and don't really know how the articles end up in the trash folder using the just-mark scheme, but it hasn't bothered me enough to dig in. I do find myself deleting things twice once in $GUI_IMAP, and once in gus.