So, iOS has a "broken" mail client: it doesn't show messages that are forwarded as MIME without a MIME-decoding/MML step. So if you I have noticed this too. Do you mean attachments of type message/rfc822 are not displayed and you are suggesting sending a message which is multipart/related and has a text/html or multipart/alternative type instead of a message/rfc822 type? It sounds like gnus could grow a 'workaround-broken-ios' variable that does forwards with a mime type that ios can handle, perhaps. FWIW, another coping strategy is to resend rather than forward, but I realize that's lame in the general case. Have you filed a bug report with apple :-) ?