Charles Philip Chan writes: > CHENG Gao writes: > >> I use also gpg2+gpg-agent+pinentry though under MacOSX. And I use >> leafnode like you. I dont have any problem so I guess problem may lie >> in your settings. > > So the pinentry dialog doesn't pop up for you after the passphrase > cache expires? I use gpg with pinentry-gtk2. When trying to sign or decrypt, if the passphrase is not cached, the dialog pops up, and then when it's done, the operation proceeds. Then future operations succeed until the cache expires. It's true that when the window pops up interrupting emacs doesn't make the window go away. What happens is that emacs ran gpg which sent a query to the gpg-agent process, which popped up the window. So you could argue that gpg should withdraw the request when killed, and that this is a gpg bug. But I don't think there's anything wrong with gnus.