Julien Danjou writes: > I know, but what you pointed was not a direct revert, see the changelog. > I would use git revert directly, but it seems that it's prefered to > document revert in changelog (correct me if I'm wrong). Perhaps, but my take is that when the revert is close in time, then it's just as well to revert the changelog entry, since then the new state is exactly as if it never happened, which won't confuse anyway. I suppose there's git revert followed by git commit --amend to destage the changelog hunk :-)