I'm just barely following the "skip <#secure" discussion. There really should be some easy way for people to put in a hook to get signed mail, and it should play well with forwarding, replying with quoting, etc. I currently have: (if (boundp 'conf-gnus-epg) (add-hook 'message-setup-hook (lambda () (message-goto-body) (mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)))) which works for 'r' but not 'R' and not 'C-c C-f'. Also, replying to a message which has been decrypted should force mml-secure to encrypt, and this should be the default behavior.