wvxvw writes: [a note about not 'receiving' emails from gmail, that I didn't precisely understand] I have seen some odd behavior that may or may not be related. I use gnus (from git master), emacs 23.3 (most recent release), NetBSD 5.1_STABLE, dovecot 1.2.latest. Generally things work fine. Sometimes, I find that a message in my IMAP INBOX does not appear in the summary buffer. I see the message with other IMAP clients (thunderbird, Mail.app). I can ^U M-g and still not have the message appear. If I move the message to another folder and move it back, often it will appear. I have not managed to read the debug logs to figure out what's going on. (Usually when this happens it's a message I have to deal with for work, and I do that and move on, not having spare gnus-hacking time that moment.) Because my bug report is lame, I haven't yet sent it - but am speaking up now because it may be a different manifestation of the same problem.