Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes: > Greg Troxel writes: > >> Oct 29 19:58:23 linuxpal dovecot: IMAP(gdt): Panic: Trying to close mailbox foo.bar with open transactions >> Oct 29 19:58:23 linuxpal dovecot: dovecot: child 28914 (imap) killed with signal 6 (core not dumped - set mail_drop_priv_before_exec=yes) >> >> and in *imap log* >> >> 19:58:23 1537 EXAMINE "foo.bar" (QRESYNC (1153316454 1)) >> >> followed by 109 more EXAMINE lines, all with qresync params. >> Given that it's dovecot that's crashing, this is feeling like a dovecot bug. > > It sounds like it, but there might be a Gnus pattern that triggers the > bug, and perhaps Gnus could work around that. Do you see anything in > particular that makes dovecot panic? Is there a specific mailbox that > triggers this, or, uhm. Something? :-) No, it's pretty random. Sometimes there are 30 EXAMINEs in the log after the one that fails, sometimes 100. Sometimes everything works fine. I can push 'g' several times in a row and tehn it fails. I have about 160 mailboxes. It seems legit to make 160 EXAMINE calls in a row. But I didn't hear anything from my post to dovecot, and I haven't stepped into dovecot debugging. Is anyone else using dovecot 1.2 with lots of mailboxes?