I have the following hook: (add-hook 'message-setup-hook (lambda () (message-goto-body) (mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime))) This works fine for most things. But when I forward a message (C-c C-f), the <#secure..> line is after the #mml markup around the message. I just added message-goto-body to try to fix this, thinking my hook would run after the message was inserted. So, I'm not sure what's wrong. Candidates are: mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime should insert at beginning (seems like it does, and message-goto-body ensures that) insertion of forwarded message should be after any secure tags hook should be run after the insertion ? -- Greg Troxel