Using gnus from CVS about a month ago I forwarded one of my own signed messages that itself contained a forwarded message, and a colleague pointed out that the MIME boundary string had been reused. That particular example can't be sent to this list, but I managed to reproduce the problem with test messages. The inner test message had boundary =-=-= originally. That got remapped whent he message was forwarded, which I suppose is ok. But it got remaped to ===-=-= and that's the same value that was chosen for the outer message's multipart/signed. The below was generated with current CVS head epg and gnus git as of: commit 3aa91c009017b508c0f6298f7e8ee3a622bdccc2 Author: Katsumi Yamaoka Date: Tue Apr 27 06:38:57 2010 +0000 Don't load tm and apel XEmacs packages when compiling. It looks like the key code is in mml.el in gnus, but I haven't understood it yet. Is perhaps the issue that the multipart/signed code is called without the forwarded heder visible, and then the forwarded header is also changed to the same value.